If you’re an employer or benefits manager, Advanced Skin Cancer Screenings can be a life saving part of your company wellness program as well as offering real cost benefits.
Best-in-class employers truly care about the well being of their employees and family. A recent poll – The 50 best places to work in 2018 – highlighted employers understanding that corporate culture and wellness also carries over to family culture and keeping and retaining key employees.
The old ways, such as signing bonuses and incentives work less and less in today’s world. Are we going to see companies offering free annual bio-metric screening services to its employees to outdo its competitors in attractiveness as one German tech firm and Mountain Enterprises have proven?
The benefit back to corporate is a “no surprise” for the unnecessary burdensome health care expense relating to the treatment of “caught late” cancer or disease. These can be as high as seven figures, which in many cases can cripple a self-insured company or paralyze the employee with co-pays.
The sad fact is that one American dies every 52 minutes from melanoma.
Skin Cancer Free offers a very solid opportunity for your company to provide a substantial benefit for your people and their families.
- Advanced Skin Cancer Screenings will help find early skin cancers before they develop into more serious problems.
- Our highly trained medical technologists will perform 100% non-invasive skin cancer screenings at your company where highly detailed images will be taken of any suspicious areas on the body.
- The images will be uploaded for fast and expert review by a highly skilled dermatologist.
- Only employees and their doctors will receive a signed report and unlimited access to the images via a secure log-in from any web browser.
- This “baseline exam” can, at the employee’s option, become part of their permanent medical record.
Saving Lives – Saving Money
Detect one melanoma early, and a life may be saved.
The relatively small medical cost to cure early detected skin cancer versus the $1 million or more needed when the cancer is not treated and allowed to enter the lymphatic system, will result in cost savings for the employee, the company insurance plan, and the American health care system.
Why aren’t people getting examinations now?
Why? We believe it is due to the following :
- Current Procedural Codes (CPT) control the reimbursement rate and policy for all medical professionals. Without a code, there is no rebate, so patients have to pay the entire cost out of pocket. Medical professionals are unable to justify the high cost of technology and staff without payments that are approved by CMS.
- An invasive biopsy is the primary CPT code used by a clinician for making a diagnosis of skin cancer. Primary care physicians and their paramedical support staff perform as many as 577 biopsies for everyone melanoma detected. The average cost per biopsy is $500. Your insurance – YOU – pay for this.
- If you are currently not a patient of a Dermatologist, the average appointment wait is 5-6 weeks.
- There are currently 14,000 Dermatologists practicing in the U.S.
- There are over 400,000 Primary Care Physicians in the U.S.
- Advanced Skin Cancer Exams can be the bridge between a Primary Care Physician and a Dermatologist.
- Advanced Skin Cancer Exams can provide the benefits of expensive imaging to the Dermatologist who does not currently have this technology available in their practice.